Celebrity News, Music Buzz

Céline Dion Donates Concert Proceeds to Las Vegas Shooting Victims

Pop Diva Céline Dion dedicated her Las Vegas show to the victims and families of Sunday’s Las Vegas shooting, which which left 59 people dead and 527 concertgoers at the Route 91 Harvest Festival injured.

The Grammy winner performed to a packed house at The Colosseum inside Caesars Palace and paid tribute to all those affected by the terrorist attack.

“I hope that you’re doing okay … Before we start the show, I need to talk to you for a moment,” Dion told the crowd. “I never start the show like this but tonight is very different. On Sunday we lost too many beautiful, innocent souls, and so many are still suffering,. But tonight we’re going to let these families know that we are supporting them and that we will help them through their tragic loss.”

Dion continued, “we dedicate tonight’s show to all of the victims and their families, and to the first responders, and to the doctors and nurses who are working around the clock to save lives, and to so many heroes who did whatever they could to help complete strangers in a time of desperate need.”

The singer stood on stage with #VegasStrong signs on the big screen, and announced that she and the show partners AEG Presents and Caesars Entertainment would be donating all proceeds from the concert to the victims of Sunday’s shooting.

“Praying for all the innocent victims and their families in Las Vegas,” she previously shared via social media.

Other performers – including Jason Aldean, who was on stage at The Route 91 Harvest Festival when the shootings occurred – canceled their weekend performances.

“I feel like out of respect for the victims, their families and our fans, it is the right thing to do,” Aldean said in a statement. “It has been an emotional time for everyone involved this week, so we plan to take some time to mourn the ones we have lost and be close with our family and friends.”

Jennifer Lopez also postponed her shows at her Las Vegas residency Jennifer Lopez: All I Have for Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. “Jennifer is heartbroken that such a senseless tragedy occurred,” a rep for J-Lo said in a statement. “Her thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.”

Previous ArticleNext Article

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Send this to a friend