The biological father of the 7-year-old girl who lived with Chris Rock and his estranged wife for 7 years tells TMZ the Rock family never adopted the little girl, but he refuses to say if any money changed hands.
Crispen Khanyile says his ex-girlfriend gave birth to Ntombi on February 23, 2008 … this according to a private investigator’s report commissioned by an interested party in the case. According to the report, both Crispen and the mother, Precious Ndebele, were unemployed at the time, living on the outskirts of Johannesburg.
The couple had 2 other kids and it appears the situation was increasingly desperate. When the private investigator interviewed Precious last year, she said she was living in a slum and selling secondhand clothes on the streets. The investigator said the conditions were “not conducive for human living.”
Crispen would not discuss the arrangement with the adoptive parents, but simply said we should speak with Malaak, Chris’ estranged wife.
It’s interesting … the P.I. says Crispen told him last year Ntombi was living with adoptive parents in the U.S., but when we spoke with Crispen on Wednesday, it was clear … there was NO adoption.
As we reported, Ntombi has been living in the U.S. with the Rock family on a visitor visa, requiring her to return to South Africa once a year. Chris has not seen the girl since he split with Malaak and we’re told he believes she did something shady to get Ntombi into the U.S.
And one final twist … Malaak’s lawyer just broke his silence and said his client is actively trying to legally adopt Ntombi. He did not say when the process started or what has taken so long.
Mrs. Chris Pratt opens up about going into labor prematurely, House of Cards pulls a Beyoncé, sources claim Allison Williams isn’t done playing Disney characters, and more celebrity news.
- Anna Faris says she was “in denial” going into early labor with her son in the March issue of Redbook. [Us Weekly]
- House of Cards season three accidentally appeared on Netflix 16 days before its premiere date. Netflix took it down, but not before some spoilers made their way to the web. [Mashable]
- Sources say Allison Williams is determined to play Mary Poppins. [Naughty Gossip]
- Orange Is the New Black star Laverne Cox is cast in the CBS show Doubt. [EW]
- In the House star Maia Campbell was arrested after causing a drunken ruckus at a Waffle House. [TMZ]
- Watching Eddie Redmayne and Michael Keaton answer questions about Spanx on the red carpet will make your day. [BuzzFeed]
- You need to see this artwork of Disney princesses getting it on, Fifty Shades of Grey style. [Cosmopolitan]
- Urban Outfitters is under fire for selling a tapestry that resembles clothing worn in concentration camps during the Holocaust. [Washington Post]
- UFC fighter Ronda Rousey poses for Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and said, “strong and healthy is the new sexy.” [E!]
- We know celebs can’t survive awards season without their teams. Which member of a celebrity’s entourage would you want for yourself?
[Photo Credit: Getty]
VH1 Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News